Thursday, May 9, 2013

The 570

Friend! Friend! Have we talked about The Five Seventy?!

My most sincere apologies.

Where to start when it comes to The 570 (as I like to call it)? The 570 is a market. The market. My market. And, in my humble opinion, the best damn corner market in Boston. (Yelp thinks so, too) This little place, conveniently located right around from my oh so humble abobe, is the jam. Owned by my Union Park neighbor, Alan, The 570 has it all. Beer, wine, local produce, oodles of fine chocolate, fresh-from-the-oven-every-morning baked goods, deli wonderfulness, salads, fresh squeezed juices, breakfast sammies,  the best curry chicken salad you'll ever have and well, you get the idea...
THEY HAVE EVERYTHING.

And not only are they stocked to the brim, they are really incredibly nice in there. Every time I walk into The 570, I feel at home. They go out of their way to make sure everyone who walks in their door, walks out a little happier. A certain special they make (a vegan eggplant parm that will blow your mind) is a favorite of mine. The people behind the counter are so amazing, that they give me a call every time they make it. Talk about good service.

(Now I don't drink coffee, but I hear that people rave about the coffee down the street at the South End Buttery. But here's the truth, everyone who has tried both swears by the coffee at The 570. Just an FYI for all you caffeine fiends.)

As I settle more into my little life in Boston, it's so nice to have a place that makes ya feel good. A morning started with my favorite Swiss Chard and Celery Juice puts a smile on my face. The next time you find yourself in the charming South End, swing by The Five Seventy Market (that's 570 Tremont, y'all), tell Alan hello and find yourself falling for the best little corner store ever.

-xo-
eb




MY JAM.

MY JAM (in the fall!)

Alan loves a good seasonal display. 
Lights and trees in the winter. 
Flowers in the spring and summer. 
And pumpkins in the fall. 
(Don't call me pumpkin, pumpkin)


No comments: