Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday Stoop Lunch

So, most people who look for sandwiches in the South End head straight to the Buttery. And maybe, just maybe, I haven't given enough of a chance to the Buttery. But I think it's just... a little overrated. I'd much rather swing by the wonderful South End Formaggio. This go-to gourmet market deserves a entire series of posts dedicated to it's cheese, charcuterie, wine, beer, baked goods, exotic oils, fresh produce... you get the picture. 

In addition to all this mad goodness, they also have an array of sandwiches. Classics like butter and ham and turkey and swiss sit pretty next to more fun combinations like goat cheese arugula and fig jam and avocado and black bean torta. Being the fish girl I am (which is bizarre considering I grew up in wonderful landlocked Colorado), I opted for the homemade tuna with american cheese on grilled wheat. Filled with yummy things like pickles and green olives, this is a tuna for kings. 

One Tate's Butterscotch Pecan cookie from the bakery counter and a decaf iced tea from Wholy Grain across the street and I had the perfect makings for a stoop lunch. I polised it all off seconds before a spring shower started. Happy Saturday, all!

-xo-
eb


RAWR! Yum.

Butterscotch is just so good. 
Has always been a favorite of mine.

No comments: