Monday, May 6, 2013

Park ya heart at Union Park

----------------
sweet spring is your

time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love

e.e. cummings
----------------


So my little park, Union Park is waking up from it's New England hibernation. And, let me tell you, I couldn't be happier. The fountains have been turned back on and this year's flowers have been planted and are joining the perennials. Nothing is quite as relaxing is sitting on my stoop or up in my apartment with the windows open, listening to the sound of the fountains. One of my most favorite New England things. 

The only issue with Union Park is that you can't get it in. Enter one giant collective waaaah waah here. Well, technically, I lied. You can enter the park a few times a year. And it's actually pretty great when you can. The neighborhood association throws concertes four times a year where you can bring a blanket, wine and snacks and listen to music in the park. Pretty stellar, indeed, right? 

But you know what? A little rebel in me is thinking that four times a year is not enough. Yesterday morning, I saw a couple had jumped the fence and were laying on a blanket, relaxing in the sun. It looked awesome. So if you can't find me and my Instagram feed is blowing up with photos of grass 'n fountains 'n flower 'n sunshine, you'll know where to find me. Breaking the rules, soaking up goodness right in the middle of my own little park. 

-xo-
eb





No comments: