Friday, March 16, 2012

Nom: A South End Sammy

I woke up starving at 1:30pm.

Mostly due to my body not having any idea which time zone I'm in. Three days ago, I was in New Zealand. Yesterday I was in San Francisco. Today I'm in Boston. Hence my being wide awake from 3am to 9am today. Ei yi yi.

Anyways, I woke up starving. Yea, at 1:30pm.

My new hood is Boston's South End. I live on Union Park (more on that later), which seems to be the hub of foodie Boston. So I'm a happy girl.

Lunch (errr... It's 3:55pm) today is at The Wholy Grain, a small sandwich and bakery joint. It has a patio in the front and back, perfect, I'd imagine for a sunny day. Which let's be clear, is not today. Drizzly and overcast, I've opted for a small comfy table inside.

A wasabi tuna melt on whole wheat with red peppers and cukes, it's simple but good. Chai late is good. Service is... fairly poor. Too bad. I was looking forward to finding a great casual neighbor place with great service.

Onwards with the search.

xo,
eb


Ok. Poor service or not, I might be back for one of these goodies. How hard is it to mess up putting a muffin in a to go bag?


Wasabi tuna melt. Trusty Filson bag in the background.

No comments: