Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Nom: Buena sera alla Coppa

Tonight, after my first day at work, I wanted a good meal. A stick to the ribs meal. Something I would feel a little bad about, but that would be outweighed by how good I felt about it.

After pit stopping to (sigh...) join Equinox gym, I walked home to the South End and headed straight to Shawmut Avenue's Coppa.

I must be a tad bit homesick and in need of a tad bit of comforting, because the only thing I had on my mind was pasta bolognese.

Read: the all-time comfort food, pasta, red sauce and meat.

Well... To my initial disappointment, there was no such thing on the menu. But, I surely didn't let that get in my way.

Taking a seat on the cute patio (very Paris cafe with its painted blue iron tables for two. Cute), I started with a glass of Prungolo Sentile. Much needed.

A sip of that, and I was fully, 100% over my disappointment.

I opted for the Garganelli con Anello, aka homemade delicious faro garganelli with tender lamb, pine nuts and black olives. Nom... The black olives added just enough salt (a touch more and it'd be too much). It was a really beautiful dish, thanks, I think in most part to the pasta.


Nice weather, nice pasta.

A small selection of Italian cheeses on the menu was where I went for my last bite. Though the cheeses are curated from the (across the street neighbor) Formaggio Kitchen (which I can't wait to visit), I thought the choices lacked pizazz. Nothing jumped out at me, (I was craving something sweet, creamy, soft) so I opted for the Roblola due Latte, a pasteurized sheep and cow's cheese from Piedmont.


Cheese. Please. 


Let's be honest. Cheese is cheese and good cheese is good cheese. It was good. The waitstaff even drizzled some honey on it at my request.

All in all, Coppa is a neighborhood win.

I can't wait to come back to try everything on the menu. Specifically. The raabe, asparagus, the pizzas ad the meatballs.

Buena sera everyone.

xo,
eb


No comments: