Monday, March 26, 2012

Hudson: The South End's Home Store

This weekend, I poked my head into my neighbor's place. Only this wasn't any neighbor. It was Hudson, Union Park's fantastic, magical, patterned mania home interiors shop.

(how good is everything?! all of it!!)

It was a plethora of goodness in every direction. There were antique (reclaimed, repurposed, rebuffed, reshined) accessories and signs at every turn. Painted striped ceilings. Textured textiles splayed across the floors. Warm lighting from lamps galore filled the space. It was pure goodness.


I'm thinking it'll be a good refugee for the days I'll need a break from the heavy brick and traditional interiors of New England. This store would fit right in on SF's Fillmore Street. West Coast living perfectly captured in the South End. Sigh...

(OUI! zou bisou bisou anyone??)

The back wall is exposed brick, and decorated with hundreds of colorful books piled on top of each other. A tough look to pull off, but in this hodgepodge wonderfulness, it's perfect. The entire store is filled with really unique furniture pieces that make you wish that the shop was really your home. My top two favorites were a sofa that sucked you in and swallowed you whole, and a reclaimed wood and wrought iron work table/desk that I'm still pining for. A girl can dream, right?

(hopefully you don't want to read that volume on the bottom of the pile)



In whole, Hudson gets it right. It's warm and welcoming, everything I'd want my home to be. Well done.

xo,
eb


(P.S. Hudson is home to Boston interior designer superstar Jill Goldberg. Make your home a Hudson Home!)

No comments: