Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Homes of New England

I love exploring the city via foot and bike. It's a perfect way to appreciate the unique architecture. 

People say that Boston is a London lookalike. Low, brown and brick, the streets twisting and turning, I can see why they say that. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm in US. Sounds silly, but the West is a total 180 from here. It's vast, gridded and weirdly, light. San Francisco has always amazed me  in how light it is. All the buildings are a mixture of white, lights pinks, yellows and light concrete. Breathtaking when viewed from the Bay...

But Boston is gorgeous, too. Very old world. Very fun to explore. Except more Homes of New England posts. They're too pretty not to showcase.

xo, 
eb

P.S. Also! I saw my first "hilly" street last night in Boston! It's so flat here - such an adjustment after climbing the hills of SF daily. It made me a little homesick - funny what a hilly street can make ya feel after living in the city by the Bay.

See that slight angle of the sidewalk - a hill!

My favorite alley in Boston thus far. 
Cobblestoned and quiet, complete with an American flag.

Union Park by night.

South End fleurs.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh, love it! More photos of homes and architecture, please! xoxo