Saturday, April 13, 2013

Calligraphy Time for Bowtied Paper

On the side (and in all my spare time) I create custom wedding invitations under my side company, Bowtied Paper. While I've worked with a number of calligraphers in the past for invitations, I've always wanted to learn to master the art of calligraphy myself. 

So last week, I headed down to Boston Calligraphy where Liz Roessler teaches her "Lettering by Liz" course. You learn a little bit of history, the basics of how to hold the pen and posture, the tools and then are given two hours of blissful time to create and play. It was such a welcomed time to get away from creating on the computer. 

I'll be working on refining my craft so Bowtied Paper can reap all glories. 

If you're in Boston, you can take wonderful Liz's classes at her charming space in the North End. See her updated schedule here

Happy creating!

-xo-
eb

One of my favorite mottos, I saw this on a locket in NYC two years ago.
It's stuck with my ever since. Life is short and if you're not taking chances, you're not living.

I love naughty words in calligraphy. Definitely be prepared to see more :)

My life has been took a few major turns lately. Pretty big, life-changing turns. 
In these tough seas, I'm constantly remembering this...

No comments: